The designSHOP is available for courses and approved workshops* within the Fay Jones School of Architecture.
The shop hosts a wide range of digital fabrication equipment and CADCAM software as well as traditional wood and metal working equipment. The shop is staffed and open to FJSOA students for use outside scheduled class times. Fees apply to certain fabrication processes. Clients outside the FJSOA who wish to use the shop or have a prototype or model fabricated must contact Lynn Fitzpatrick or Rachel Smith Loerts at firstname.lastname@example.org.
digital fabrication equipment
- (2) Universal VLS6.60 w/ 18in x 32in bed
- (3) Universal VLS2.30 w/ 16in x 12 in bed
- Z-Corp 310Plus gypsum printer w/ 8inL x 10inW x 8inH build area and Z-bench post processor
- MakerBot Replicator 2X w/ 25inL x16inW x 15inH build area
- AXYZ 4000 3-axis CNC Router w/ 60in x 120in bed
- Formech 300XQ w/ 17inL x 11inW x 6.3inH forming area for plastics
- AVL Little Weaver digital loom w/ 16in weave width, 24-harness, table top loom
- Juki industrial sewing machine
During each Fall and Spring semester, access to all shop equipment is first given to FJSOA students working on projects related to their current courses. This takes priority over all other work, including faculty research projects.
* All workshops and outside consultant contracts must be approved by appropriate Department Head.
services and pricing
Please contact email@example.com for inquiries.